OK all of you Hip Runners. Getting together to run a race is a huge future goal. In the meantime, we have an event coming up for anyone who wants to partake. Geared towards Hip Runners who own Zero Runners, this event will crown the Hippest of the Hip Runners for 2018. Hopefully, we can plan to do this every year.
Here is how the contest will go.
- On 02/10/18, everyone will hop on their Zero Runners and start their race.
- When you reach 26.2 miles take a picture (similar to the one below) and send it via text/email to me along with your name/age.
- A handicapping system will be used to give everyone a fair chance
Hiprunners 90+: Subtract 30 seconds per minute run on the Zero Runner (i.e. If a 90+ individual runs the marathon in 6 hours, then their time will be converted to 3 hours)
Hiprunners 80+: Subtract 20 seconds per minute run on the Zero Runner (i.e. If an 80+ individual runs the marathon in 6 hours then their time will converted to 4 hours)
Hiprunners 70+: Subtract 10 seconds per minute run on the Zero Runner(i.e. If a 70+ individual runs the marathon in in 6 hours then their time will be converted to 5 hours)
Hiprunners 60+: Subtract 5 seconds per minute run on the Zero Runner (i.e. If a 60+ individual runs the marathon in 6 hours then their time will be converted to 5 hours and 30 minutes)
All others: No handicap.
- What if I don’t have a Zero Runner? You still can participate. Just send in a picture of your GPS watch time/treadmill time to show what your time was. For those of you who would like to learn more about the Zero Runner, it is offered at a discount on this site. Click here to find out more.
- What is the Zero Runner? The revolutionary Zero Runner allows you to replicate your natural running motion so you use all the same muscles you do outside, but without the harmful impact. Ultra, marathoner, weekend warrior and everyone in between will benefit from utilizing the Zero Runner in their training or workout program. For me personally, I am heading for a partial knee replacement in 2018. The Zero Runner has saved me by giving me the ability to still log miles and maintain fitness despite the bum knee. Also, the Zero Runner is offered at a discount on this site. Click here to find out more.
- What are the benefits of becoming “The Hippest Hip Runner for 2018”? Bragging rights for one. And mayyybe some swag. I am working on that.